When and Why do you Need the Best Potting Bench?
If you live in a metro where apartments are too compact to provide space for gardening, you can opt for a potting bench. Even a spacious house can have one to keep your gardening tools and essentials stored and organized.
Given the design trend, potting bench manufacturers are introducing, the best potting bench design is the smart alternative to real gardening. It can give you a little sprinkling of greenery that keeps you refreshed. In addition, if you go with wood as the material the best choice products potting bench can be your little greenhouse or the space to grow vegetables, fruits, and herbs.
Depending on the type, size, structure, and materials potting benches vary from one another. The consideration of the said factors poses a real threat while buying the right one for you. To help you in this regard, we have elaborated on every single factor to make an informed decision. The buying guide will give a hand to clearly come out with the potting bench plans.
To make things easier, we have presented a rundown of 12 top-rated potting benches every one of which will really increase the joy and comfort of your planting.
Besides the fun of planting your own trees and living in refreshing greenery, you can reap manifold practical benefits from potting benches. But whatever is your target, you have to opt for the potting bench plans.
Several Reasons you may Purchase a Potting Bench For:
- Opportunity to grow beautiful flowers, tasty fruits, and vegetables around you.
- A wide range of health benefits along with easing depression and anxiety
- Raised work surface proves healthier for knee and back
- Effective to avoid unnatural muscle strain and joint cramp after work that requires longer stooping
- Keep things organized and close at hand
- This can be smart party storage to shelter snacks, gifts, beverages, and more.
It is still fun and healthy to go with traditional gardening or planting but a potting bench can make things even more funny and pleasant.
The perfect time for pot planting is relative as you don’t have to bother about rough weather given the indoor setup convenience. But if you have a patio or garden to work outside, you require being weather sensitive.
Hostile weather can harm both the bench and the contents in it. In cities with a compact apartment, when you will is the time for potting in the balcony or elsewhere deemed suitable.
Pick The Best Potting Bench from 12 Reviews Below
1. Topeakmart Outdoor Potting Bench
This is the Sink Drawer Rack Shelves potting bench design and a feast to the eye featured with everything – a removable sink, one drawer, side hooks, open space multi-shelf storage, and a wooden frame on top. And this frame over the benchtop can hold tiny tops for extra planting and greenery spray.
This Multi-material potting bench comes with wood (board), plastic (sink bucket), rubber (footpad), and metal (hook & drawer handle).
You can go it for easy watering, tools organizing, and lawn soiling on top of dedicated gardening.
- Multi-material and durable planting structure
- Two rakes to hold tools and store soil
- The open-top board supported by a wood frame
- Rubber pad for reduced friction
- Easy to assemble guided by the manual
- Overall – 46.1*17.7*47.6 inches
- Top Board – 46.1*17.1
- Sink – 13.4*10.6*3.1 inches
- Weight: 39.3 lbs
Bottom Line: By far one of the requisite potting bench plans for gardening and planting backed by durable material, build-up, and design.
2. Best Choice Products Potting Bench – Solid Wood WorkTable Station
This is meant for gardening along with using it as a perfect workbench. With nominal design but additional features, the manufacturer focuses on durable and dedicated gardening.
The larger open storage shelf will accommodate plants to grow high and the sturdy material stands for longer planting life. In the same line, the side hooks, drawer, and lattice back on the upper part will enable you to keep organized at your best.
Hanging tools and accessories from the hooks and the wooden net will turn it into a spectacular décor piece.
It needs your waxing or oiling at least a year to extend planting life. But you can do without it too.
- Easy to assemble and solid Fir wood structure
- Dedicated top work station with lattice organizing convenience
- Natural wooden finish and design for durability
- Great for DIY painting
- Additional side drawer for storing tools and items
- Dimensions – 45.5*20*7.5 inches
- Weight – 29 pounds
Bottom Line: This is the perfect potting bench with décor build-up for who loves planting and gardening.
3. Dura-Trel Greenfield – Top Quality Potting Bench
PVC Vinyl as a material stands for durability and the high-quality titanium dioxide coat will stand the wear and tear of any weather. The color will not fade rather will remain fast.
Assembling is made easy by the patterned cuts and pre-drilled holes. Ample storage space along with the workbench like the top has made it stick out even in a stack of products. The lower shelf is high enough to shelter medium size plants.
Very hot with the hobby gardeners for all these said but lack additional features like suspending hook or hole. Vinyl is durable but not equal to wood or metal.
- PVC as a material is totally maintenance-free
- Cleaning is the convenience with just spraying of garden hose
- Easy to shift to your working place
- The 20-year warranty is a confident statement for quality ensuring
- Large and sturdy enough to bear with the bigger planting
- Dimensions – Overall: 48*19.5*49 inches , Worktable: 43*16.5*37 inches
- Weight: 44 pounds
Bottom Line: This is the most useful potting bench when you are up to merely gardening and not organizing tools.
4. Yaheetech Solid Wood Garden Potting Bench
Do the designs and features seem familiar? Yes, our reviews are witnesses to that.
This one features massive open space top table and two-layer storage rake – 1 bigger & 1 smaller. The smaller tier can be used for storing new and unused pots while the larger one will fit for planted pots.
The side hooks and drawers are the statements for the dedicated organization. Like the previous potting options, this Yaheetech is spacious, durable, and well-built to favor you with longer than usual pot planting.
- Removal sink with a square bucket to keep filled with water
- Rubber padded foot to experience lesser friction
- Spacious & open space top board and 2-tier shelf for robust storage
- Appealing natural color and Easy to assemble
- Dimensions – 46.1*17.7*47.6 inches
- Weight- 39.3 lbs
Bottom Line: A perfect value for the price with ample storage and organizing space.
5. Convenience Concept Light Oak Potting Bench
Convenience Concept is the potting bench plan that has come designed with a sink for water in it, two shelves, side hooks, and two drawers. This features planned and intelligent designs. The sink comes handy to water plants and gives a wash to hands and tools.
Two shelves – one large and one medium- shelter small to large pot plants. And below the medium shelf, you can place other essentials landed on the other part of the large shelf.
The organization is just breeze backed by the storable drawers and side hooks to suspend tools.
- Earth-friendly and durable wood material
- Huge and planned space to store and plant
- Built-in Sink to hold ice for keeping beverage cold along withholding water
- Dedicated drawers to stock up tools and accessories
- Worktable top with a wood-stand for tool support
- Dimensions – 46*17.8*47.6 inches
- Weight – 28 pounds
Bottom Line: Actually a deluxe offer at an affordable price that sprinkles nature across your patio and makes planting course easier and happy.
6. VYTAL Fold Potting Bench come Event Table
VYTAl Folding is one of the most popular potting bench plans.
It is your best company either when gardening or entertaining.
Not the end here.
You can fold and assemble it at will, need, and without any tool. So it is a real friend if you are in need of space both for moving or storing. That aside, it offers ample space storage below the top counter. And your tools will remain in place supported by the semi-lattice wood fencing on both sides.
Galvanized worktable top is ideal for placing tops to refresh you and beautify the patio. On its top, it is so inviting when arranging a barbecue party or backyard recreational gathering.
Features are bare basic without drawers or cabinet, side hooks.
- Galvanized table top supported by the wooden sidewall
- Easy to assemble, unfold, and clean the metal top
- Available in two colors – Brown & Gray Wash
- Adjustable shelf storage
- Dimensions – 32*15*34
- Weight – 17.6 pounds
Bottom Line: Best utility potting bench solution for outdoor gardening and amusement purpose.
7. Hoddmimis PLG-WPL01 Outdoor Wooden Potting Bench
The stand out feature of this potting bench is its extra-ordinary sturdiness grown from wood as the material and the build-up. Besides the metal top table surface, the three-layer shelf storage system has contributed to the muscular strength of this wooden structure.
Each one comes backed by a raised wooden bar. It definitely is assuring you of an extended period of planting space.
You will not miss a drawer or cabinet given the huge storage space available in this potting bench with a galvanized top. On top of that, this is accessorized with side hooks to suspend tools when and so long needed. It certainly adds to the catchy display of this potting option.
- Metal top worktable surface
- Sturdy wooden material, strong construction, intelligent design
- Huge storage space in three selves
- Padded foot to resist decay and friction
- Temporary hanging convenience
- Overall Dimensions – 29.9*14.5*35 inches
- Weight – 21 lbs
Bottom Line: Besides dedicated plant potting, a sturdy and wonderful feel at sight in the garden or patio casts the spell on hobby or newbie gardeners.
8. Poly-Tex Galvanized 2-Tier Greenhouse bench
This is all metal and so the sturdiest one in this series of potting bench reviews. Metal and sleek structure are super easy to clean.
Weather Decay! No way. This overall galvanized garden workbench bears with any and every weather.
Assembling is fast and easy to stand steady with huge potting loads on the shelves. The upper tier is a frame come rake to hold the tiny pot.
Sturdy metal structure and minimal style may not be your potting bench dreams but not sure a deal-breaker.
- Strong and well-built galvanized construction
- Resistant to weather decay
- Clean-up is just breeze for smooth and sleek surface
- A neat and organized greenhouse
- Dimensions – 24*44*44 inches
- Weight – 5 pounds
Bottom Line: This metal potting bench is Ideal for a neat and clean patio dispersed with greenery.
9. Belham Winfield Wooden Potting Bench
Now, have an eye treatment with this feature-rich Acacia Wood potting option. Design and finish go with the features in equal measures. And the worktable is steel surfaced to make cleaning feather-light ranking it among the wooden potting bench with a galvanized top.
Double pronged suspend hooks for hand tools and the soil bin is more than amazing. You can spill out and in the soil at a tilt when necessary.
All these along with the huge storage space well compensate the hefty price.
- Rich finish and features
- Drawer, cabinet-like bin, and side hooks for super organization
- Multi-tier over the top storage space
- Spacious steel tabletop for a dedicated workstation
- Robust Dimensions – 37*21*56 inches
Bottom Line: An eye-catching greenery shelter with high-end features and price.
10. Coral Coast Wood Potting Bench with Hanging Grate
It welcomes you with two stick out features – over the top storage rakes and wired back for suspending hand tools.
Firwood structure is sturdy and stable enough to stand steady with robust loads. In the same line, attractive dark brown finish blows your mind when combined with eye-soothing greenery.
The top work table is above-the-average spacious to shelter pots and plenty of tools. The bottom shelf is pretty high to hold large soil bins and water buckets.
- Fir Wood construction for extending potting life
- Wired backside intended for hand-held tools
- Robust storage in the shelves, table, and the bottom rake.
- Gorgeous dark brown finish to add to the garden patio sight
- Robust Dimensions – 37*21*66 inches
Bottom Line: A highly functional and visually appealing potting bench with nice features.
11. TomCare Garden Bench Kneeler with Tool Bag
Let us now change the orientation of working either by sitting on a bench or resting the knees on a kneeler. It will vanish the monotony but will keep garden work ongoing.
Whenever you are anticipating a long stretch of work in the garden requiring huge tools and equipment to prune, weed out, and more, TomCare is greatly featured with a tool pouch, kneeling pad, and spring functioning.
The pad to kneel over can ease your sore knee and joint pain. It is easy to carry and a space saver to fold up with spring functionality.
- Tool pouch with a massive capacity for stow-able tools
- Top-quality EVA foam cushion for the healing effect
- Handy fold-up made easy with a spring mechanism
- Lightweight and Usable as a seat or kneeler
- Dimensions- 23.1*11.5*5.4 inches
- Weight – 6.8 lbs
Bottom Line: A top quality and multi-purpose kneeler.
12. Burbank Vinyl Outdoor Potting Bench
Burbank is fit for any outdoor area making the gardening job just a breeze. The design has an architectural flavor with a classic look. It is ideal for various practical purposes – seed starting, re-potting, and easy organizing.
Shelves are the shelter for larger objects added by the suspending hooks to keep hand tools at hand. Care and maintenance are easier finished the white coat endowing with a stylish look.
You can immediately turn it into a party rack by replacing all the pots and tools with gifts, books, beverages, and snacks.
- Easy to clean with a garden hose
- Industry-grade 20-year warranty
- Slatted design and white coating
- Lattice backside for hanging hand tools
- Heavy-duty vinyl build-up
- Dimensions – 44*24*65 inches
- Weight – 26 lbs
Bottom Line: A perfect workspace for anywhere gardening endowed with a sizable look and design, robust storage space, and nominal maintenance.
What is the Best Potting Bench for you?
Whether you are an occasional planter or a passionate gardener, you must be aware of the crucial factors. Otherwise, you will suffer the camouflage while purchasing a potting bench. Only an informed purchase can reach you the expected potting bench.
Have a Glance at the Brief on the Crucial Points Below:
The design is a broader term when it comes to the garden potting bench. So far the design is concerned, a number of shelf and backside matter most. If your potting is just basic, you can do away with a lesser shelf and no back.
Conversely, if you take a potting bench to get help with your outdoor gardening. You will be in need of storing pots, soil, bucket, and hand tools. Then the most select potting bench design with multi-rack storage and lattice back is your match.
A feature-rich potting bench refers to the one coming with one or more drawers, cabinet, side hooks, and multi-tier shelf. While these will make your gardening a breeze, they will act instrumentally even if you want to opt for a mini-greenhouse on the bench.
A benchtop featured with the galvanized surface will offer you a lasting workstation along with easy clean-up. Latest and high-end products now tend to come rubber-padded foot.
There are three potting bench materials – wood, plastic, and metal. Each shares a different level of quality. Fir Wood and cedarwood are the common wood type used in this regard. They come with stain finish or natural color finish.
Wooden products are preferable if you do not live in a humid climate. But for a humid area, plastic and metal products are better for their moisture-seal convenience.
Clean-up and sanding fall to the maintenance category. Metal and plastic benches are pretty easy to clean with a mere garden hose. But wooden options require serious washing as dust and dirt tend to stick to wood.
Metal benches or benches with metal surfaces should remain dry after and before cleaning to discourage rust.
Washing may seem the worst part of potting bench gardening while dealing with the sink and soil bin.
The general rule of thumb is that high-end products come in exchange for a hefty price. To make a price comparison, it is advisable to browse across the web before getting to the physical store.
Knowing the briefed points above is the pre-condition to make a successful potting bench deal.
What is a tilt-out bin?
Ans: It is like cabinet storage to store soil inside to bring out at need. It comes out at a tilt to take the soil away.
What is a lattice back in a potting bench?
Ans: Lattice back means the netted backside normally stays in the over the top portion. This net may be either of sliced and narrow wood or wire. This is intended to hang the hand tools.
Why wood benches opt for the galvanized top table?
Ans: The top table is the most used space of a potting bench. Therefore, it tends to remain dusty and dirty entailing frequent cleaning. Galvanized or steel surface is easy to clean with water spray.
A potting bench is crucial both for utility and aesthetic purposes. Whatever the purpose, you must reach the best potting bench to perform your specific functions.